It is important to make sure you have the latest driver for your video card from the manufacturer. We have found that outdated drivers are the number one reason for many graphics problems.
- The Windows update function is often not sufficient for updating your video card drivers.
To check which video card you have, follow the instructions below:
1. Right click on the "My computer" icon and choose "Properties".
2. Click on the "Device Manager" tab. In Windows XP or 2000 you can open Device Manager by double-clicking on the System icon in Control Panel (located in the Start menu), choosing the "Hardware" tab, and clicking "Device Manager" button.
3. Now click on the "+" sign next to the entry "Display Adapters". This will open a branch under the "Display Adapters" heading listing your video card or chip set.
4. Double-click this branch to bring up the video card properties. In the properties window, the "General" tab will show you your card and manufacturer. The "Driver" tab will tell you the date your drivers were last updated.
5. The "Update Driver" button at the bottom of this screen will also not suffice for your update.
Video card manufacturers update their drivers once every THREE to SIX months. These new drivers can usually be found on their websites. Using the information you gathered above about your video card, you should search the Internet for the manufacturer's website and download the driver from there.
Read the installation information on the manufacturer's site very carefully. There is no standard way to install updated drivers, though many companies are including auto-installers with their driver downloads.
If, and only if, the new driver does not solve the problem you may need a more compatible driver, possibly an older one. For a list and links to a tested video driver for your video card and operating system, please check the SereneScreen Fan Site HELP
This is the SereneScreen Aquarium fan site drivers page. It is kept updated by constant feedback from Aquarium users with all kinds of Windows systems and Windows problems. This is the quickest way to find the most compatible driver for Aquarium, however we recomend that you try the manufacturer's site first.